Re: 4.7.1 on Solaris 10: ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections

On 06/22/2012 12:30 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
The general rule is, never change anything. Every test result I have ever
posted is correct and pure because no source changes were ever required.

Good.

GCC 4.7.1 however DOES require a patch even for it to build on Solaris at all.

Ofcourse, but that may not be clear to an outsider looking at the testresults and wondering why his build is failing on Ada and yours didn't.

I try to only add results to the buildstat pages which are either built from unmodified sources or make it reasonably clear that modifications were made and where to find them. If Blastwave branded testresults fail to pass those conditions then I won't add them.

-tgc