Re: 4.7.1 on Solaris 10: ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections

On 06/21/2012 06:46 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Christensen<tgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:34 am
Subject: Re: 4.7.1 on Solaris 10: ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
To: Dennis Clarke<dclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 06/20/2012 08:12 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
this is where I stand on Solaris 8 i386 :
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2012-06/msg01790.html

No mention of any patches?

Well this was my first pass where I edited the necessary files by
hand and tested to see if I get a valid build. I totally ignored
the parts for win32 platforms and thus this is a very stilted
hacked patch.

Given the large amount of information you inject into your testresults otherwise, I am disappointed to learn that you would leave out details of source modifications done. I don't think I can continue to add blastwave testresults to the buildstat pages knowing that.

Any issues with install ?

None.

Packages have been made, someday I might even put them online.

-tgc