Re: Run-time error with virtual function w/o invocation

Thank you Jonathan;

I ran the compiler from the shell (g++ -pedantic main.cpp) without any errors or
warnings and with the same results. I don't think that the method 'new' is in
error. The segmentation fault does not occur unless the virtual function, fnc,
is uncommented. If 'fnc' is commented, 'new' executes correctly. I think that
this might be a compiler bug, but before I waste anyone's time I thought I'd get
validation that I'm not doing some dumb ol' thing.

art