Re: -std=gnu++0x : Compilation failed

On 4 May 2012 16:54, H.S.Rai wrote:
> I used to compile a programme successfully about a year back, but when
> I tried now, it failed. Error was:
>

> ==========
> warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++0x or
> -std=gnu++0x [enabled by default]
>
> ssigning to an array from an initializer list
> make[2]: *** [lib/Elements/CMakeFiles/elt.dir/axisymm.cpp.o] Error 1
> ==========
>
> More is below signature.
>
> The programme is:
>
> https://github.com/pavossos/felt
>
> I guess, it is because of version of gcc.

Probably, but as you haven't said what version of GCC you were using a
year ago or what version you're using now it's hard to know.

> May someone  tell me what to change where to make compilation
> successful, without changing code.

The code is invalid, and it always was invalid.

It was a bug in GCC 4.4 and 4.5 that allowed assigning to an array.
That bug is fixed, so I'm afraid you need to change the code.

> Do I need to make -std=c++0x default? If yes, how when we are using cmake.

That won't help.