Re: trying to build a DLL on Windows 7 gcc using 3rd party libraries

Just for the record, the command line switches are the latest I have tried and I have tried the simple ones.

There is an article on the net that I got this set from (without understanding what they are supposed to do). Here is the reference:

     http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html

I have no reason to build a .a file that this command seems to imply. Using the simple version:

  gcc -shared -o vetAdmin.dll udf.o fbclient_ms.lib ....

gives me errors about not finding the two routines I am trying to get from the .lib files

The fancier command listed first does not complain about NOT finding the routines, it just complains that the .lib files are not any good.
i am 99.999% sure that the libraries are fine.