Re: GCC 4.7 build problems

On Apr 15, 2012, at 10:46 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

Seems libmpc.so.2 is the file it couldn't find.
I could find it in /usr/local/lib

when i typed
 echo $PATH

then indeed /usr/local/lib wasn't in the path

typed:
export PATH=/usr/local/lib:$PATH

That might make sense on windows but not on unix, where libraries and executables are separated.

I must set a librarypath maybe, if so, what is its name?

man ld.so
(really, there are several ways and the best one is for you to chose)

Thanks once again!

Ok my next attempt after consulting google:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
though it seemed this variable was empty before.

Crash again, but seemingly other one. Maybe means progress?

Now gives error that i miss gnu/stubs-32.h

Maybe missing ia32libs or something like that not installed. But i forgot exact name. At the ScientificLinux DVD's i cannot find any RPM starting with ia32 nor libia32.

Tried doing a
   find . | grep "stubs-32.h"

Google gives me advice:
  yum -y glibc-devel

This command doesn't work of course as i'm not on the internet with the machine.
On the DVD i found glibc-devel-2.12-1.47.el6.x86_64.rpm

If i click on it, it reports it's already installed.

Also the glibc-headers-2.12-1.47.el6.x86_64.rpm says it's already installed.

Any thoughts what i could try?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html
mentions the name of an environment variable in the paragraph about mpc.

The entry in the FAQ just before the one I referred to gives a simple technique to work around this issue.

--
Marc Glisse