Re: 4.6.3 build error: go (gccgo) does not seem to see configure

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 06:20:52 -0700
Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This needs to be gcc/config.h, not libdecnumber/config.h.  It's picking
> up libdecnumber/config.h because of the -I../libdecnumber on the command
> line.  That is odd, because on the command line -I. appears before
> -I../libdecnumber.  The command should be run in the gcc build
> directory.  There should be a config.h in that directory.  The
> -I. should cause that config.h to be used first.  Do you in fact have a
> config.h in that directory?

  Ian,

Yes, there is a gcc-build/gcc/config.h which pulls in auto-host.h and I
don't see any file permission problems. The compile command was run in
gcc-build/gcc My g++ version is 4.1.2. Perhaps there is an include bug with
4.1.2. What about potential problems with environment variables that
could do this? Perhaps I should try building using bootstrapping.

I bet this is the very same problem that went wrong with Pablo Barrio
back in December 2011:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-12/msg00021.html

But he was using 4.6.1 to compile 4.6.1. If this is the same problem,
then it is not caused by any 4.1.2 bug, but rather something
else that is causing both compilers to fail to pull in gcc/config.h

I guess the question becomes: What possible circumstances could cause

g++ -c -H -I ../../gcc-4.6.3/gcc/go -I ../../gcc-4.6.3/gcc/go/gofrontend
-I. -Igo -I../../gcc-4.6.3/gcc ......

running in gcc-build/gcc to fail to pull in gcc-build/gcc/config.h ?

  Cheers,

  Mike