Re: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.3.1+ and MPC 0.8.0+.

Sorry I am just a beginner. It should be a new GCC pass. I wish to add
some additional debug information when binaries are build using GCC
compilers. I very much like GCOV functionality - the runtime
information it produces of code execution and statistics of same.

So I wanted to add a maybe if possible a 'printf("%s %d", __FILE__ ,
__LINE__);' after each code line so that I can know where my code is
going thru during execution. It would be a painstaking to do it
manually as the codebase spreads across thousands of line.

Is the same possible by writing a new GCC pass and if not please let
me know any other debug information we can add by writing a new GCC
pass?

It would be a real great wroth for your help to provide some details.

Regards,
Prakash