Re: GCJ running question.

On 14 February 2012 07:04, Me Myself and I wrote:
> -Is there a Gnu Compiler for Java that compiles, straight on to Windows,
> precompiled itself already?

Yes, from mingw32 or cygwin.

> -Is there a Gnu Compiler for Java that runs on MINGW32,
> precompiled itself already?

Yes, from mingw32.

> -if not, can I be given a simple Windows 7 or MINGW32 script via this email list,
> to build my gcc-java-4.6.2.tar with default options and have it optimising and compiling
> java 1.5.0 style syntax?

The README for the latest MINGW32 compiler says:

* The Java language is absent, pending resolution of build issues.
  The last mingw.org release offering Java was 4.4.0.

If they can't get it building then it probably isn't simple.  For more
details you should probably ask on a mingw32 list.

You could try Cygwin instead, but I have no idea what version of GCC
that includes.

AFAIK GCJ on Windows always does static linking, so will still produce
large executables even with the latest version.