FW: gcc43ecj question

I am using the eclipse version of the GCJ,

gcj-ecj.  It is based on the mingw32 effoft. In order to ask
public questions, I have directed to this email list from that site.

http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm#consulting

The file I download it from is:

gcc43ecj-20061207.tar

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I use GCJ to compile a Hello world program,

I notice that it generates a whopping 37 MB file.

-Does this file include some runtime environment stuff?  When I run this program,

does that program execute within it's own runtime environment?

-Is this 37 MB file platform independent, or not?  Will it run on
Linux and Mac as is (It already runs on Windows).

-What exactly is the GCJ putting inside this file?
How is it possible to cut down the size of this file and still
have a running binary program, if that is possible?