Re: TLS, gcc optimizations, and PIC on x86

Fair enough.  My current solution is adequate for our purposes, as
(like you said) this isn't a very common operation to perform....

That said, do you see any obvious issues with my solution?  It seems
to work for all of the test cases I've thrown at it, but I could be
missing something.  Additionally, do you have any suggestions for a
better method that achieves similar results?  Ideally I'd like a
solution that didn't require the use of the 'optimize' attribute as
(unfortunately) some of the systems on which we'd like to compile our
code still use gcc < 4.4.

Kevin