Re: Unconventional Class Assignment Behavior ?

Jason White <whitewaterssoftwareinfo@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello, recently I have been experiencing difficulties on class
> assignment (see program
>  below). I cannot compile the program below* which seems odd to me
> since the code
> is perfectly valid. Any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.
>
> error: request for member ‘load’ in ‘engine1’, which is of non-class
> type ‘game_engine()’|
>
> *   main.c: http://pastebin.com/fa5KsbT1
>     game_engine.h: http://pastebin.com/xdQsPHCf
>     game_engine.c: not posted

I bet that error message had a file name and a line number.  You should
tell us that too.

In this case it seems straightforward enough.  When you write
    game_engine engine1();
you are declaring a function named engine1 which takes no arguments and
returns a value of type game_engine.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_vexing_parse .

Ian