Re: Use of .eh_frame_hdr, .eh_frame & .gcc_except_table in Linker Script.

PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL <prasanthris@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If I understand correctly - I will need it only for C++ exception
> handling cases and it is irrespective of whether Standalone or Linux
> toolchain. Please correct me if I am wrong...If I were to write a C
> code, I would not need those sections?

If you writing C code, you only need those sections if you care about
walking up the stack at runtime, as in the glibc backtrace function.  If
you don't care about that--most programs don't--then you don't need
these sections.  In that case you should consider not generating them in
the first place, e.g., by using the gcc option -fno-unwind-tables when
you compile.

Ian