Re: GCC personality

PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL <prasanthris@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In a Linker Script - What does "personality" in KEEP
> (*(.*personality*)) indicate? Is it a must?

That means that when using linker garbage collection, any section whose
name matches the shell patterh .*personality* will be retained.

The default linker scripts do not do this, and I'm not aware offhand of
any particular meaning to such sections.  Whether you must do it depends
on what you put in sections whose names match that pattern.

Ian