Re: 4.6.1-RC1: Using LTO in canadian cross

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Georg-Johann Lay writes:
>
>> Thanks. Building with --enable-plugins breaks. Apparently canadian
>> cross + plugins are not very well supported :-(
>>
>> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-06/msg00283.html
>
> The problem is not Canadian Cross, per se, it's Windows.  The header
> file dlfcn.h is present on ELF systems.  It's also present on cygwin.
> But it's not on Windows.  You'll have to either use cygwin or port the
> plugin support to a Windows host.
>
> Ian

On the web I found
http://code.google.com/p/dlfcn-win32/downloads/detail?name=dlfcn-win32-r19.tar.bz2
which is a wrapper that implements dlopen et. al.

Hacking binutils, I get it to finish the build. However, -plugin is
still not recognized by ld :-( So there is some more magic needed and
internals knowledge of binutils.

I tried cygwin once, but I have just a small Win32 laptop and cygwin
is extremely big; I had to give it up.

Building canadian cross is so convenient!

Johann