Re: simple function and attribute "noreturn"

2011/5/17 JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz <jedrzej.dudkiewicz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to remove all warnings from my project. I'm compiling with
> almost all warning options turned on, including
> -Werror=suggest-attribute=noreturn. And now I see this:
>
> Shared/Helpers/CrossHelper.cpp:88:8: error: function might be
> candidate for attribute ânoreturnâ
> [-Werror=suggest-attribute=noreturn]
>
> And here is The Function:
> Â88 TInt32 SOLARIS_OS::ioctlsocket( SOCKET s, int cmd, TUInt32* argp )
> Â89 {
> Â90 Â Â return ioctl(s, cmd, argp);
> Â91 }
>
> I don't see how this can be a candidate for noreturn. Any ideas?

Doh, to think that I had to send a message to this list after a few
hours of thinking just to got this "hah!" moment 10 minutes later.
This project is quite big and old, and someone did this in one of
headers:

#define ioctlsocket ioctl

I'm sorry for bothering you.
--
JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz

I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.