Re: GCC compilation reports

On 12/28/2010 05:54 PM, Yose Widjaja wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to get compilation reports for things such as class
sizes, function call statistics etc for some static analysis?

If not a report, any intermediate file that can be used to generate such things?

Cheers

As far as I know, there is not just a single report for all the information you are searching for, but there are various (internal) dump formats of intermediate representations, just check out the

-fdump-*

switches from the man page, e.g.

-fdump-class-hierarchy[-n] for class specific information (including class sizes)

To get a whole bunch of internal dumps, you could use:

# gcc/g++ [options] -fdump-tree-all-raw -O2

The inline-specific dumps for example contain a lot of information about statically estimated function sizes/times.

I'm not sure what your plans are, but if you intend to build some scripts which analyze these internal dumps, please note that that the format is not standardized and could be changed from release to release.

Andi