Re: Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2352 bugs?

Nava Whiteford <new@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm trying to build my codebase on a AMD Opteron 2352, but I'm having
> problems compiling under O2 and O3. Are there any know problems with
> this processor under gcc 4.5.1?

There are certainly code generation bugs in gcc, but not many.  There
are no known problems that are specific to that processor.

The most common cause of a program which fails at -O2 with newer gcc is
invalid aliasing in the program.  Try using the -fno-strict-aliasing
option.

The second most common cause is invalid reliance on the behaviour of
signed overflow.  Try using the -fno-strict-overflow option.

Ian