Re: One-way stack support

John Tobey <john.tobey@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> But the hardest
> part, I think, will be to make GCC accept a one-way stack.

I don't think that part would be all that hard.  gcc requires the stack
pointer to be valid on function entry, but it doesn't particularly care
what happens on function exit.  Naturally most current epilogue routines
restore the stack; you would just have to change the epilogue code to do
something else.  Of course the caller would have to always use a frame
pointer, but that is already supported so that gcc works when stack
space is allocated dynamically.

Ian