Bug with cross builds?

Hi.

It's always possible that I made some sort of mistake, but I seem to
have found a problem with cross builds from 4.5.1.

When building a cross compiler, gcc gets installed at least twice,
once as $prefix/bin/$target-gcc (long) and once as
$prefix/$target/bin/gcc (short name), with byte-for-byte identical
executables.

There does not seem to b a problem with the long-name variant.
However, the short-name variant cannot seem to find it's own
components (cc1, -lgcc, and so on). I seem to recall that this used to
work (and that compiling something for target was easiest done
prepending $prefix/$target/bin to $PATH and then configuring and
building as if non-cross).

My current setup is a bit complicated with two new targets (not just a
work in progress, but a work in embryonal state - I have not even
decided on the final name), so I might have broken something, but I
really don't think so.

Just in case, I'll append my build script, but if I'm right, this
ought to be easily verifiable with any 4.5.1 cross compiler anyone has
already laying around - "gcc -c empty.c" should give a message like
"cannot find cc1".

Kai