Re: GCC (4.4.5) not working as expected when called in python sub-shell, but OK otherwise

Kingsley Turner <kingsley.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have a problem where if I call GCC from my python script some of the
> #defines are not processed in the output.  However if I paste the
> exact same command into a shell, I get a correct output.

There pretty much has to be some difference in the command invocation.

What do you mean when you say that some #defines are not processed?  Can
you show a small example?

The preprocessor does pay attention to a few environment variables, as
documented at

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.5.1/gcc/Environment-Variables.html

However, as far as I know these should not affect preprocessor macro
handling, unless you could something like C_INCLUDE_PATH.  Still, if you
are absolutely certain that the same command line options are being
passed, I guess you should double-check the environment variable
settings.

Ian