Re: C++ code works on gcc 4.4 but doesn't compile on 4.5.1

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Hugo Arregui wrote:

Hi!, it's me again :-).

In doubt, as this compiles fine with g++-4.4, clang++, icpc and sunCC, you
may want to file a bug report. At worst you'll be pointed to a precise
explanation of why this might be illegal. At best someone will make it work
again :-)

I'm trying to make a little testcase without std lib dependencies, but
I cannot reproduce the bug without it.

Here the code:

http://pastebin.com/XeA4QgVy

If you uncomment the two commented lines (adding the std code), the
error shows, but using my fake list class, the error dosn't occur.

Can you give me a point? or its better to report with std dependencies?

It is better without the dependency, but it is perfectly OK to report it with the dependency if you couldn't remove it. It would be different if it was some third-party header.

--
Marc Glisse