Re: Re : Re : [GCC front end] trying to install sample_fe but fail in make

> When I install GMP 4.1.3.2 I did not get a pb. (that's why I tried to install an old version of gcc that did not require GMP 4.2)
>
> I tried to configure with --with-gmp but I did not find where the gmp is installed
> whereis gmp gives /usr/include/gmp.h
> which gmp returns no gmp in (/usr/bin: /sbin: /usr/sbin: /usr/local/bin......)
>
> what do you suggest? I am not an expert in handling linux distribution and install directories :(

Hey

You may want to simply move the latest source version and install
libmpc (http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc) aswell since
the interfaces changed alot since then i based my old front-end code
on a gcc 4.0 and i just ended up starting from scratch when working
with trunk.

But if you want to keep working with that version you can try:

configure --enable-languages=c,c++,....
--with-gmp-include=/usr/local/include --with-gmp-lib=/usr/local/lib
... do the same with --with-mpfr-{include,lib} if you have problems.

When you manually make install by default things generally go to
/usr/local/include for the headers then lib for the actual library you
link against unless you specify a prefix.

If you want some reference on front-end code you can look a little at
mine though mine focuses on working with trunk
http://code.redbrain.co.uk/cgit.cgi/gcc-dev/tree/gcc/python?h=python

Where pyspec.c is the compiler driver, then py-lang.c is the compiler
proper then other files go along with it. Hope this helps in at least
some way :) Its confusing but were working to make it simpler! Gcc
rocks ;)

--Phil

/* Sorry forgot to cc the list :) */