Re: Linking troubles with gcc 4.5

On 05/26/2010 08:48 PM, lfrfly@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Removing the --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs configure option
> appears to have solved my problem (so far, haven't actually run the
> thing yet). Has that option been tested with 64-bit linux?

Please don't top-post on this list.

> Okay, the file that the -f option spat out is more useful. It appears to
> be searching for libgcc_s.so in a bunch of places where it doesn't
> exist. I've started a rebuild of gcc with the output redirected to a
> file so that I can search it and see if that provides any clues. I also
> removed the --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs configure option just
> to see if that makes a difference.

I've never used --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs, and I know of
no-one who has.  I don't think it's of much use in a GNU/Linux system.

There's a discusson at
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-06/msg00548.html which doesn't
reveal much.  Maybe it worked once, and it's rotted.

Andrew.