Re: gcc.texi: problem generating documentation

Le Wed, 03 Mar 2010 07:43:45 -0800,
Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> christophe.jarry@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > I am contributing to the gNewSense project and I am currently
> > looking for a way to create GCC documentation in info format for
> > metad version of gNewSense.
> >
> > I found GCC documentation source at
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/docs-sources.tar.gz, then extracted it
> > under /tmp.
> >
> > But I have a problem when I want to makeinfo 'gcc.texi' file:
> >
> >   user@machine /tmp/gcc/gcc/doc
> >   $ makeinfo gcc.texi
> >   gcc.texi:25: @include 'gcc-common.texi': No such file or directory
> >   [...]
>
> To make the gcc info files, download the gcc sources and run "make
> info".

I did this in 'gcc-4.4.3/gcc/doc' folder extracted from gcc source, as
well as in 'gcc/gcc/doc' folder extracted from gcc _doc_ source:

  make info

And I have the following error message in both situations:

  make: *** No rule to make target 'info'. Stop.

Note: gcc-4.4.3/gcc/doc as well as gcc/gcc/doc contain only one makefile
namely 'makefile.texi'.