Re: How to generate different assembler directive in assembly file.

Prashant Purohit <prashantpurohit025@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>         Following is the standard assembler directive got generated in
> simple int main and return zero program :
> 	.file	"test.c"
> 	.text
> 	.align	2
> 	.global	main
> 	.type	main, %function
> main:
> 	.size	main, .-main
> 	.ident	"GCC: (GNU) 4.3.0"
>
>        In above directive, I was able to generate .file,
> .text,.align,.global and function name directive but my .s file is not
> generating the .type, .size and GCC version directive.
>
>         I included the target-def.h and target.h both still not getting the
> required assembly output directives.
>
>         Please, tell me if I have missed out anything or I need to include
> any other file or have to define any macro for it. I searched in GCC
> internals but could not find the solution.

Most gcc targets will generate those because config.gcc will set the
tm_file variable for the target to include elfos.h.  That will cause
gcc to #include config/elfos.h which includes the definitions needed
to generate those pseudo-ops.

Ian