Re: How to include a front end to gcc ?

Citando "Andi Hellmund" <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Greicy.Costa-Marques@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Andi,

No, I didn't try to build GMP and MPFR as part of gcc, I built each one separately. Unfortunately do not have a machine with linux on place.
I'll send my front-end code for your in attached.

Best regards,
greicy

Citando "Andi Hellmund" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hey Greicy,

have you already tried to build GMP and MPFR as part of gcc just like
John suggested? Have you already tried to build your front-end in a
Linux environment to check if there's something wrong with MINGW?

For the case you don't have a Linux environment in place, you could send
me your frond-end code (not the complete gcc source tree) and I'll try
it ...

Best regards,
Andi

Greicy.Costa-Marques@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi John,
I don't know if the problem is the GMP end MPFR, sincerely I'm lost..
end).

Any tip?

sincerely,
greicy

Makefile:1156: .././../gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in: No
such file or directory

It appears that gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in is missing.

Citando "John (Eljay) Love-Jensen" <eljay@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Greicy,

I installed the GMP end MPFR. The versions are shown below and as
well the result the configure and the make booststrap:

Although this may not be relevant to your issue at hand, have you
tried to let GMP and MPFR be built by GCC?

As per the alternative having them built together with GCC:
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html

GMP...
"""
Alternatively, if a GMP source distribution is found in a
subdirectory of your GCC sources named gmp, it will be built together
with GCC.
"""

MPFR...
"""
Alternatively, if a MPFR source distribution is found in a
subdirectory of your GCC sources named mpfr, it will be built
together with GCC.
"""

In general, I've found this alternative to be better (more reliable)
than having GMP and MPFR pre-built.

I work with the windows xp (then I used msys and mingw)

You may want to consider also asking your GCC configuration questions
on the MSYS and MinGW forum(s).  Not that this forum is an
inappropriate forum, but there are probably GCC particulars that
require special understanding to build and use GCC in the MSYS and/or
MinGW situation.

I do not use MSYS or MinGW*, so I do not have specialized knowledge
for that situation.

* I have nothing against them, and would definitely use them if I had
a need for them.

$ ./../gcc-4.2.4/configure --enable-languages=hello-world

Okay.

Makefile:1156: .././../gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in: No
such file or directory

It appears that gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in is missing.

Sincerely,
--Eljay

Hey Greicy,

I haven't yet tried to build your front-end on Linux, but I possibly
discovered your root cause ...

After extracting your archive, I got this content

andi@randazzo:~/Documents/hello-world$ ls -l
total 32
[... omitting some output ...]
-rw-r--r-- 1 andi andi 2694 2010-01-11 06:22 Make-lang.in.txt    <-- !!!

And the file Make-lang.in is there in /hello-world (this is my front

Apparently not ... it seems that you got tricked by Windows and it's fancy feature to hide commonly known file extensions like e.g. *.txt.

IIRC, you could change this setting via the directory settings (or at least ask your favourite search engine)

I would suggest you first try changing the file name to Make-lang.in before I try to reproduce your error on Linux ...

Cheers,
Andi

Hi Andi,

I changed the file name to Make-lang.in (Well, I hope so!).. . I send my front-end attached again.

Thanks for advance
greicy