Re: 答复: How to run gcc test suite in pure mingw32 environment?

徐持恒 wrote:

> But can you tell me why there are no testresult of MinGW or Cygwin on
> gcc-testresults mailinglist ?

These topics hardly seems appropriate for gcc development; diverting to
gcc-help.
In your original message, you seemed to be aware that cygwin would be a
more appropriate framework for running testsuite, but you wanted a test
harness independent of cygwin.  Then you confused me totally by
suggesting that the mingw compiler should be built on newlib (a port of
newlib to mingw?  I'm not aware of any interest in that).  I didn't see
how that connected with your other topics.  I thought the non-use of
newlib and cygwin run-time was the central goal of mingw.
  I've been posting cygwin results on gcc-testresults regularly, but
gcc-4.5 hasn't been building on cygwin the last 7 weeks.
In the absence of support for 64-bit native compilation, usefulness of
and interest in cygwin compiler continues to decline.  I suppose it may
drop off the secondary platform list, if it continues not to build.
I didn't catch when or why make -j 4 test became broken on cygwin; it
used to work well.