Re: Help installing gcc 4.4.2

Hung-Hsun Su <su@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It is tellling me that it cannot find libmpfr.so when compiling
> conftest.c

You need to ensure that it can.  If you have built MPFR yourself, I
strongly recommend that you discard what you built and rebuild it
using --disable-shared.  Otherwise, you need to ensure that the
dynamic linker can find libmpfr.so one way or another; one simple way
would be to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point to
the right library.  Or you may simply need to run ldconfig.

> Are these tests critical for the installation?

Yes.

Ian