Re: How to know some info?

johncaponski <wolfomaster@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> - What architecture was this code compiled for?
> - 32 or 64 bits?

>        pushl %ebp

This is 32-bit x86 code.  I don't know if there is any way to
recognize this except to, well, recognize it.

> In addition to that, I am asked to write the C programme that generated that
> code. Is there any automatic way to do that?

There are various decompiler programs which attempt to back from
object code to C, but they won't give you the C code which will
generate the exact assembler code.  I don't know of any free software
decompiler programs, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some.

Ian