Re: How to know some info?

johncaponski wrote:
Hi everyone! I've got an AT&T GNU assembler code produced by the compilation
of a C programme that I don't know. I need to answer some cuestions about
it. The thing is that I want to know how could I get that information using
gcc compiler, I mean, I just want to know the options I should use with gcc
and "myfile.s" to get that info.

The cuestions are:

- What architecture was this code compiled for?
- 32 or 64 bits?

32-bit Intel x86.

In addition to that, I am asked to write the C programme that generated that
code. Is there any automatic way to do that?

Not of which I am aware.  It's not difficult, though.

Andrew.