Re: Syntax of '.set' assembler directive in GNU assembler

"Jeffi Edward.J" <j.jeffi@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have a doubt in using GNU assembler.
> I have powerpc-eabi cross toolchain with me.
> I have to use powerpc-eabi-as assembler on a assembly file which is written
> to be compatible with Diab (powerpc cross) assembler.
> My GNU assembler issues few errors in assembler directives, since the syntax
> differs between Diab and GNU assembly language.
>
> For e.g, the .set directive has following syntax in GNU assembly language:
> .set    SYMBOL,    value
>
> whereas, in Diab assembly language, .set directive has 2 different syntax:
> .set    SYMBOL,    value # -> the symbol may not be redefined later
> SYMBOL:   .set     value # -> if redefinition is required
>
> I could see in GNU assembler manual that for HPPA target, the syntax of .set
> directive is
> SYMBOL:   .set     value # (same as Diab assembly syntax)
>
> Is there any option to make GNU assembler to understand the above syntax for
> powerpc target?

The GNU assembler is part of the GNU binutils.  It is not part of
gcc.  I recommend that you ask on the mailing list
binutils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  See http://sourceware.org/binutils/ .

As far as I know there is no such option for the GNU assembler.

Ian