compiler option to just compile empty functions

Hello!

This might sound a bit odd. But is there a compiler option to have gcc just compiler empty function stubs of all defined functions?

This is just to keep the compiler happy, when compiling another package that actually uses the other one.

To explain why I need this. I have to build a package called qdp++ that requires libxml2 with a modified version of gcc - spu-gcc.

Unfortunatly the spu-gcc cannot build libxml2. That's not a problem since no qdp++ function gets called that require libxml2 functionality.

But the libxml2 calls are spread over the whole qdp++ code. It is nearly impossible to comment all those out. So I look for a way to compile just
empty functions of libxml2.

Any suggestions?

Frank

--

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
(John von Neumann-Institut for Computing NIC)

platanenallee 6, 15738 zeuthen, germany
phone +49 33762 77376
web   www.ifh.de/~fwinter