Re: Workaround of CPU device errata?

k-tsubota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Does anyone know how to confirm if these workarounds are already implemented in current GCC?

-> http://download.intel.com/design/mobile/SPECUPDT/300303.pdf
-> Errata W11

As far as I can see, this is only of interest to debug-tool writers, not application developers.

W17

Only applies in ring 0, where these registers are writable. The workaround is for a debugger to ignore phantom breakpoints being triggered, not for the application to change.

W34, W56

I don't know about these two. The first one sounds exceedingly unlikely to be triggered.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock