Re: [4.4] Strange performance regression?

Joern Rennecke <joern.rennecke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Quoting Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> francesco biscani <bluescarni@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> I'm experiencing a strange behaviour with GCC 4.4.1. Basically I have
>>> some C++ mathematical code which gets a ~x2 performance drop if I
>>> *remove* the following debug line from the code:

>> It is appropriate for gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxxx  Please take any followups
>> to gcc-help.  Thanks.
>
> I'm not sure about that; it depends on if this is a matter of how to use
> gcc (then it should indeed go to gcc-help) or if this is a manifestation
> of a consistent pessimization that we could reasonably fix.

There is nothing wrong with bringing a precise example to
gcc@xxxxxxxxxxx with details about a poor choice of code generation.
However, a general question without an example should go to gcc-help.
And that is what this was.  When appropriate, I redirect messages from
gcc-help to gcc, just I do from gcc to gcc-help.

Ian