Re: G++ Linking issue : hidden symbol `__dso_handle'

Rajat <myself_rajat@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> As you said, "That means that it can only be referenced from within the executable, not from a shared library."
>
> So it seems this symbol is being referenced in crtbegin.o. If so then how to aviod it?

crtbegin.o is defining the symbol __dso_handle.  Some shared library
is referring to the symbol __dso_handle.  That reference shouldn't be
coming from crtbegin.o--crtbegin.o should define the symbol.  Where is
the reference?  The linker error message doesn't say.

Ian