Numeric suffixes on symbols

I'm building some code that I want to make sure produces the same bits each
time.  I ran into a case where the only difference between the result from
two different compilation is the names of some of the symbols.

For example, I may see the symbol name:

  __PRETTY_FUNCTION__.20638

in the first build, and then:

  __PRETTY_FUNCTION__.20694

in the second build.

I can believe that gcc might need to generate a suffix to disambiguate
function-scoped static variables with the same name, but I need it to do
so in a deterministic fashion.  Over a large code base, this only shows
up a few times, so that seems strange.

Can someone help to explain this or point me towards the place in the
compiler where it is generating this suffix?

Thanks,

  Michael