Re: GCC 4.1.2 Vs 3.4.6

Rajat wrote:

I am using RHEL 5 for building my application. I could see it has both GCC 4.2.1 and 3.4.6. Now I have to choose one out of these two.

Please let me know, which gcc is a more stable version OR a better choice?

I think you meant 4.1.2, as you said in your title.
This is not an attractive choice, particularly if you use languages other than C, or wish to optimize for CPUs introduced in the last 2 years. I suppose 3.4.6 is there primarily for compatibility with RHEL 4, while even 4.1 is out of date now. If you are choosing a new gcc version for new projects, you might consider installing current released versions of gcc and binutils.