Re: problem of non-pic code due to asm code.

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 07:32:31AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Or are you saying that the code was not compiled with -fPIC, and
> therefore you can not use it in a shared library?  If that is the
> problem, then the only option is to recompile it with -fPIC.  There is
> no way to convert non-PIC into PIC after it has been compiled.

  Is there a common way to detect (maybe with binutils) if a shared library has been compiled with -fPIC?

  I tried to use readelf utility on a ELF binary and grep for .got sections but this method did not seem that much reliable.

Kind regards,
		-- Hector Oron