Re: problem of non-pic code due to asm code.

Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> now using the debian tools I found a problem of non-pic code
> in the libtango library.

> So how must I modify my these files to avoid this non-pic problem

I don't understand what you are asking.

Are you saying that code compiled with -fPIC is invalid?  That sounds
like a bug, but I couldn't see it in your e-mail.  If that is the
problem, please show us a small example with the generated assembly
code.  And don't forget to tell us which version of gcc you are using.

Or are you saying that the code was not compiled with -fPIC, and
therefore you can not use it in a shared library?  If that is the
problem, then the only option is to recompile it with -fPIC.  There is
no way to convert non-PIC into PIC after it has been compiled.

Ian