Re: GCC Compilation problem in HP LINUX server

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, gkarthi29 wrote:

Hi Helge

I find something interseting in your reply and i can feel that with this
approach i can make my code work. But i need to know how to make use of that
personality function for my code.

Please do not take this as offense but as advice: The code I sent is pretty much self-explanatory, so I wager to guess you have almost zero *nix development experience -- *please* take the time to make sure you understand the (very bad) side effects of making your program run this way. This has to do both with the compiler and the operating system, and when you don't understand the sample then you really should not be doing this.

for example my code test.c is in root folder, then where should i have your
code?inside my test.c or in a separate file? My test.c is compiled using
"gcc -o test.o test.c"

Don't put it anywhere in your code. It is a stand-alone wrapper program through which you must run your program.

Helge