Re: Byteswapping floating point types

On Jul 16, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Andrew Troschinetz wrote:

If I use GCC 2.95, or GCC 3.4.6 to compile the code and run it, the problem presents itself. But if I use GCC 4.1.2 the code compiles and runs just fine.

Scratch that. I'm an idiot for taking this guy's word. He was the one that ran these tests and reported back to me that everything works when the compiler is GCC 4.x. I just tried it myself and yup, the test fails in exactly the way we expect it to fail.

Ugh, at this point I'm really just disgusted with this guy.