Re: Build error on Solaris 10 (libiconv messages)

> Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>> Any ideas how I might solve this?
>>>

>> Try putting -liconv into LDFLAGS.
>>

> Thank you,
>
>   by the time I'd read your message, I'd realised there was a copy of
> libiconv in /usr/local and given the appropiate flags to the configure
> script
>
> --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local
>
> and it did build.
>
> But as far as I could tell, there is no libiconv as part of Solaris. So
> if gcc needs it, the documentation should be updated to reflect this.

You can get an up to date libiconv from blastwave.org :

$ pkginfo -l CSWiconv
   PKGINST:  CSWiconv
      NAME:  libiconv - GNU libiconv is a Unicode conversion library
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  1.13,REV=2009.05.26
   BASEDIR:  /opt/csw
    VENDOR:  http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv packaged for CSW by
Dennis Clarke
      DESC:  CSWiconv - GNU libiconv is a Unicode conversion library
    PSTAMP:  mimas20090526031415
  INSTDATE:  May 28 2009 07:30
   HOTLINE:  http://wiki.blastwave.org/
     EMAIL:  dclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:      159 installed pathnames
                  74 shared pathnames
                  79 directories
                   5 executables
               12463 blocks used (approx)

other than that, you're sort of stuck. Sorry. We do what we can :-)

--
Dennis Clarke