Re: Register Usage

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 03:18 -0700, John Farmer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I have downloaded the docs and am having a browse now, thanks.
>
> I did export the projects build file and searched it for "abi" but only
> found "-mfloat-abi=soft" which specifies an ABI for floating point values.
> There is a GCC option "-mabi=name" but that does not appear anywhere in my
> command lines. Given that the -mabi option is not present presumably I am
> using a default ABI, but what is it?

The short answer is that it depends on your compiler's configuration; if
you used arm-none-eabi (which is what I would recommend for bare-metal
use on a CPU like Cortex-m3), then it will be based on the new ABI.

> Is there a way to get GCC to display all of its default options that it uses
> when for example certain comman line options are not specified?

The only information that is printed comes out with --help (you'll get
more detailed help if you also specify a source file of the language you
want help for), or what you can find in the manual.

R.