Re: How to statically link a shared object

Hi Mustafa,

> Is it possible to create a statically linked executable with a shared object ?

You cannot use a shared object to create a statically linked executable.
(Except, if I remember correctly, on AIX.)

> Also is it possible to convert .so file to .a file ?

No, as far as I am aware, it is not possible to convert a shared object
library (.so) file to a static archive (.a).

Sincerely,
--Eljay