GCC: limitation with the command line length

Hello everybody,

I would like to compile on a windows platform, an application with
several hundred C/C++ files but the command line is so long that GCC
doesn't work.
So I tried to use the "@" option of GCC in cmd.exe but it doesn't seem
to work. Gcc return the "@file.c: No such file or directory" error so
i deduce that the @ option is not recognized.

I read on the web that cygwin batch doesn't have limitation for the
length of the command line. I tried to use the cygwin's GCC in a
cygwin environment and this time the "@" option is enable but i have a
limitation when a file exceed 4023 Ko.

All the answer I found on the web wasn't enough clear for me.

I would like to know if it's possible to use gcc in my case in a
windows platform without using cygwin ? Is it possible to use the "@"
option in cmd.exe without cygwin ?
If not, what does i need to do precisely with cygwin in order to
delete the limitation definitively. It seems that the following
command "mount -X" can be useful but i don't understand what it does
exactly, and by consequences how to use it.

Thanks you for your help !