Re: compiler install fails- reason is not immediately clear

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 04:28:02PM -0500, Frank Lagor wrote:
> Update:  I have successfully installed the suite of gcc compilers. and
> FIxed the above problem.  The solution involve me directly specifying
> the lib and include directories for gmp and mpfr, as well as the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I'm not sure which one did the trick.
>
> New Question: I was hoping that install the gcc set of compilers would
> give me g77, but it does not seem like it did.  What do I need to do
> the explicitly get this compiler as well?

The current GNU fortran compiler is gfortran and adheres to the 1990 or newer
Fortran standards.  G77 (which adhered to the 1977 version of the compiler) was
dropped in the 4.0 release time frame.

--
Michael Meissner, IBM
4 Technology Place Drive, MS 2203A, Westford, MA, 01886, USA