Re: including MPFR and GMP

Jerin Joy wrote:

> configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.0+.
> Try the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their locations.

Those options take the location where you installed the libraries, i.e.
the --prefix that you gave when configuring them.

> I don't know why it doesn't pick up the correct files from the path.

The paths below look like the plain source dirs of an unpacked tarball.
These options point to a built and installed copy of the libraries, not
a bare source dir.

> [jj155244@ gcc-4.3.0]$ ls -l /import/dtg-data20/jj155244/tools/mpfr-2.3.1  |less
> total 7587
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel         755 Dec 31  2007 AUTHORS
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel        2915 Dec 31  2007 BUGS
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel       18013 Dec 31  2007 COPYING
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel       26440 Dec 31  2007 COPYING.LIB
>
> [jj155244@ gcc-4.3.0]$ ls -l /import/dtg-data20/jj155244/tools/gmp-4.2.3
> total 4198
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel         843 Mar 22  2006 AUTHORS
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel       35147 Aug 30  2007 COPYING
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel        7639 Aug 30  2007 COPYING.LIB
> -rw-r-----    1 jj155244 wheel      709734 Aug  2 13:54 ChangeLog

It is also possible to have gcc bootstrap these libraries with itself,
in the usual manner of a combined tree.

Brian