Mixing exception handling libraries with non exception handling

Hi All,

I have a 3rd party library ( which I'll call X ) which I believe was compiled with exception handling disabled. Then I have my C++ library which does have exception handling. When I load the X library first into a process, then load my library in the same process, exception handling becomes disabled and the abort() function is called. from unwind-dc2.c if I try to throw an exception in my code. This only happens if I load the X library first. I don't have any control over the X library, i.e. I cannot recompile it.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there some compiler option in gcc or #define I should have to keep exception handling enabled when I load my library? It appears that this is some sort of runtime thing.

Many many thanks for any guidance!

-B