Re: Error Compiling GCC on Solaris 10 / x86

> That's really not a good idea to suggest given that the gcc docs
> recommend *not* using the GNU linker with Solaris 10, and a combined
> tree forces the in-tree linker which is GNU ld.
>
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#ix86-x-solaris210>
>
>> It is recommended that you configure GCC to use the GNU
>> assembler in /usr/sfw/bin/gas but the Sun linker, using
>> the options --with-gnu-as --with-as=/usr/sfw/bin/gas
>> --without-gnu-ld --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld.

Yes, I'm aware of that note.  In fact, I specifically need to *try
out* the GNU ld / GNU as combination to debug some issue in the binary
that's being generated.  I did find an old post from a user with a
similar problem (see http://marc.info/?l=gcc&m=112111465407009&w=2)

Even if it's not recommended, but I'm sure it sure does build fine
with that combination?